Monday, April 1, 2013

Sophisticated Sunday Style

This Easter Sunday I had the pleasure of attending service at the historic Mt. Joy A.M.E church in Monkton, MD with my family. Service was great. The dancers were incredible, the word of the day was on point, and I'd like to think the music (two songs performed by yours truly) went over well. The pastor Rev. Rae-Lynn Kingeter is a great leader for her church and I must say one stylish lady. After service I insisted on getting a photo of her. By the way she is to be honored as Maryland State Employee of the Year!!!!! Let's see, successful state employee, great pastor, wife and mother of two, and always stylish..... great personal style and success. I see a connection here!!!!! ;) Oh and she's a fashionista who finds time to work part time at Ann Taylor to feed her fashion obsession. She's also a fan of Kate Spade, Nordstrom, and Saks.
Pastor Rae-Lynn Kingeter in her church Mt. Joy AME in Monkton , MD looking  fabulous
I love this dress and topper together because of the mix of textures. The dress is lace, and the topper in navy and beige has a beautiful sheen to it. Unfortunately the Pastor's look is from a past Ann Taylor collection and no longer available, but bellow are some options for how you can achieve similar looks from current collections at Ann Taylor and beyond.

Graphic Floral Topper - $198 Ann Taylor

Pique Flounce Dress - $138 Ann Taylor
 I love these two together. I keeping with the classic look, the attention is on the topper but the dress is special on it's own. Here's another:

 Ponte Zipper Jacket - $29.99 Target
French Stripe Column Dress - $178 Anthropologie 
This take further from Rae-Lynn's look but it's still a classic, eye catching outfit. It can also easily go from "work to after" which is a phrase that I came up with when referencing versatile looks to my clients. Also this look contains a classic color combination of blue and yellow. You can NEVER go wrong with those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment